2009年7月2日木曜日

Controlling Wheelchairs with Brainwaves

I have been seeing a lot of news on Japanese researchers making breakthroughs in controlling robots, games, and now wheelchairs using only brainwaves.

If you don't believe me, you can check out this demo video here. (There is even an explanation of how it works... just in very difficult Japanese. =) )

I figure if people are figuring out how to read brainwaves with machines, it is only a matter of time before they are able to start reading thoughts... even extract passwords, perhaps?

Probably not in my lifetime, but I would be surprised if that technology wasn't created sometime in the *relative* future...

"Impossible! There's too much complexity!" you say?

Well, I am sure if you told people 1000 years ago that there would be machines that could fly people across the globe and even to the moon, they would have probably said the same exact thing...

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Please leave me feedback..