2009年4月14日火曜日

Can't Trust Anyone


While in the past the advice was usually "don't go to *suspicious* or *bad* sites and you won't be hacked", there are plenty of examples out there in recent years that prove this advice to be flawed. Malware gets hosted on legit sites all the time so users now have to browse the web with the assumption that they are going to be attacked no matter how safe and trustworthy they think the sites are.
If you are reading this blog, i am sure you know this already.

I just wanted to point out that this is happening in Japan as well as a recent popular online shop for PCs (GENO) has been hacked recently and was actively exploiting anyone who stopped by...
This is surely not the first time nor will be the last of this activity.

One other interesting thing was that malware found its way on to SSD drives of a Japanese maker...

I don't like it when I have to analyze hardware I buy for malware before I plug it in...
I would like to be able to trust the vendor to at least not put or let viruses get in their hardware.

I know this is not the first time viruses got shipped out on harddrives to some lucky consumers but for a country that provides such amazing quality in their services I was expecting a little better QA here...

Sources:
http://slashdot.jp/security/article.pl?sid=09/04/07/0415249
http://slashdot.jp/security/article.pl?sid=09/04/07/042220

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Please leave me feedback..